Hwangjeongsan Natural Recreation Forest
Mt. Hwangjeong is located in Daegang-myeon, Danyang-gun(county), Chungcheongbukdo (province) and one of 100 renowned mountains in Korea with an altitude of 959 m. Danyang-gun is well-known for its scenic landscape with beautiful mountains and river and “Hwangjeong” means a imaginary garden in the sky where heaven’s emperor stayed according to a Korean legend. The whole mountain is beautified with a variety of exotic rock formations and it has many tourist attractions such as Chilseong-am(rock), one of the secondary eight scenic beauties in Danyang-gun, Daeheungsa (temple), a thousand-year-old temple constructed in the Silla era and Wontong-am(rock). The clean recreation forest in Mt. Hwangjeong provides a calm resting place as well as scenic view.
|Lodging Facility||Forest cabin||1 cabins : (40㎡) for 6 persons|
|2 cabins : (46㎡) for 7 persons|
|Row cabin (2 Row cabins)||4 cabins : (40㎡) or 6 persons|
|4 cabins : (50㎡) or 8 persons|
|Wood Handicraft Booth||1|
- 239-11, Hwangjeongsan-ro (74-1 Olsanrisan-mountain), Daegang-Myeon, Danyang-Gun, Chungbuk
- (043) 421-0608
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Hwangjeongsan Natural Recreation Forest-Ticket booth
- Eight Scenic Beauties at DanyangDodamsambong
- Chung Do-jeon, who was one of meritorious retainers in Joseon Dynasty, stayed at Sambong and name his alias after it.
- Eight Scenic Beauties at DanyangStone Gate
- At the left riverside about 200m upstream of Dodamsambong appears a long, rainbow shaped stone gate.
- Eight Scenic Beauties at Danyang-Oksunbong
- Rocks of Strange shapes at Oksunbong freely make up the lines of bending and winding and are called Sogeumgang(river). They offer a scenic view, springing up like bamboo shoots.