Sangdang-sanseong Natural Recreation Forest
As one of the traditional stone castles in Joseon Dynasty, Sangdangsanseong(stone castle) is at the northern bottom of Mt. Sangdangsanseong in Naesu-eup, Cheongwon-gu, Cheong-ju, Chungcheongbuk-do . Many pine trees and broadleaf trees including oak and acacia stand from the castle to the forest. Clean water always flow in deep valley and equipped with grass field, it is a suitable place for group exercising and workshops. It takes 30 minutes from Chungju and 1 hour from Daejeon by car. With gentle slope, people can walk easily to the castle at the top so it is a nice choice for young students’field trip. Every year a variety of local festivals are held including Chojeong Mineral Water Festival in June, Cheongju Int’l Airport Biennale in September, and Cheongju Int’l Craft Biennale.
|Lodging Facility||Lodging Complex (2 Lodging complex with 10 cabins)||4 cabins : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|6 cabins : (42㎡) for 7 persons|
|Multipurpose Cabin||conference room : (230㎡) for 100 persons|
|cafeteria : (93㎡) for 88 persons|
|Amenity||Cooking Area||1 (4,000㎡)|
|Hiking trails||(4㎞) multipurpose cabin-Sangdangsanseong-grass playground|
- Dukim 2 gil, Naesu-eup, Cheongwon-gu, Cheong-ju, Chungbuk
- (043) 216-0052
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Sangdangsanseong Mountain Natural Recreation Forest
- Chojeong Mineral Water
- This cold and sparkling mineral water is yielded from 100 meter depth limestone layer and one of the three major waters, with Shasta mineral water in the U.S. and Napolinas in the U.K.
- Cheongwon Shooting Range
- Cheongwon shooting range provides facilities for pistol, air gun, and clay shooting sports. 6 people can enjoy trap and skid shooting simultaneously in outside range.
- House of Woonbo (Woonbo Museum)
- The museum was the famous artist Kim Ki-chang’s house and his alia was Woonbo. It functions as a art complex including museum, galley, art-shop, and outside gallery and sells chinas and potteries decorated with Woonbo’s arts.