Daegwallyeong Natural Recreation Forest
This forest is the first national natural recreation forest created in 1988 in the skirt of Daegwallyeong (mountain ridge) and boasts its magnificent landscape well-matched with a lush pine forest, clean streams and rock formations. 50~100 years old pine trees inhabit here and some part of the pine forest was created by sowing pine tree seeds during 1922~28 so it is academically valued. A multipurpose cabin situated across the pine uphill has a conference room, lodgings, a garden square, physical training facilities and a outdoor learning ground so it is suitable for a youth training place. The forest is also very popular for its forest experience trail for self-learning, a wild flower garden, a yellow soil straw-thatched cottage, a waterwheel, a traditional charcoal kiln, a wood handcraft booth and other experience programs.
|Lodging Facility||Log cabin||3 cabins : (33㎡) for 5 persons|
|6 cabins : (43㎡) for 7 persons|
|3 cabins : (49㎡) for 10 persons|
|Lodging Complex||12 lodgings : (43㎡) for 7 persons|
|2 lodgings : (53㎡) for 8 persons|
|Amenity||Outdoor Learning Ground||2 buildings 4 rooms : (132㎡) for 5 persons|
|Camping Deck||43 decks|
- 133 Sampoam-gil, Seongsan-myeon, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Daegwallyeong Natural Recreation Forest
- Ojukheon in Gangneung
- Mongryongsil is a birthplace of Lee Yulgok who was one of the most prominent Confucian scholars of the Joseon Dynasty and its housing style is also valued as the oldest private d e t a c h e d house in Korea.
- Gyeongpodae beach
- Gyeongpodae is the most visited beach along the East Sea, enriched with a pine tree forest and Gyeongpo lake.
- It features folding screen-like rocks and is beautifully adorned with cleam streams.