Bokjusan Natural Recreation Forest
This forest sits in a quiet clean nature of Cheolwon valley across Gangwon-do and Gyeonggi-do and is conveniently situated within two-hour drive distance from the capital region. The name of the mountain “Bokju” comes from the legend that in old days when the god would judge the world by water, the mountain was flooded almost up to the peak but the very top of the peak (the size of Bokjukke, the lid of a rice bowl) was left unwet. This forest is guarded by surrounding mountains in Gangwon-do and is adorned with white birches like a fairy tale place. Streams here are so clean that Chinese minnow inhabits which is found only in the first grade water. It is home to a wide variety of wild flora and fauna.
|Lodging Facility||Log Cabin (3 buildings)||1 buildings : (46㎡) for 8 persons|
|Lodging Complex||10 lodgings|
|Multipurpose Cabin (1 building)||3 cabins : (162㎡) for 25 persons|
|Row Cabin (2 buildings)||1 cabin : (46㎡) for 8 persons|
|2 cabins : (23㎡) for 4 persons|
- 818 Haojae-ro, Geunnam-myeon, Cheolwon-gun, Gangwon-do
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Bokjusan Natural Recreation Forest – Ticket office
- It was the headquarters of Cheolwon-gun labor party of North Korea and designated as modern age cultural heritage registered site No.22.
- Goseokjeong Public Tourist Site
- It is one of eight scenic views in Cheolwon located along the mid stream of Hantangang (river) and has a natural cave and heavenly landscapes. This spot is also famous for the seclusive base of Im kkeokjeon’s peasant rebellion band.
- Sambuyeon Waterfall
- Sambuyeon is one of eight scenic views in Cheolwon owing to a magnificent view of its three-layered waterfall 20m high.