Sambong Natural Recreation Forest
Sambong Natural Recreation Forest boasts its lush natural forest of Baekdudaegan Mountains. It features the beautiful combination of a coniferous forest with firs, khingan fir, etc. and a decideous forest with Ribbed birch and birches. A fresh water in the deep valley is a habitat of Manchurian Trout (Brachymystax lenok) which is one of specially protected fish designated by the Ministry of Environment, and flows very cold in summer : you hardly keep dipping your feet into the water more than 5 minutes. Sambong (peak) has three peaks: the central peak (1,240m) called Gachibong; the left peak (1,115m) called Eungboksan; and the right peak (1,107m) called Sasambong. In the center of the diagonal line of Sambong is Sambong mineral spring which is famous for its outstanding effectiveness to ease stomach disorder, so it is frequented by a lot of people who are aware of its curing effectiveness.
|Lodging Facility||Log Cabin||17 cabins (four for long stay) : (26m2) for 4 persons|
|4 cabins : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|1 cabin : (56㎡) for 9 persons|
|Amenity||Camping deck||2 sites (55 decks)|
- 276 Sambongjayeonhuyangrim-gil, Nae-myeon, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do (Kwangwon-ri San197-1)
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Sambong Natural Recreation Forest – Ticket office
- Nacksansa (Temple)
- Naksansa boasts a more than 1,000-year history together with cultural assets. Visitors can also enjoy many spectacle views from the temple overlooking Donghae beach.
- Naericheon valley
- The valley is the first adventure tourist site in Korea where a lot of adventure lover’ s clubs come and enjoy rafting, mountainbiking, paragliding and other leisure activities.
- Sangwonsa Temple
- Sangwonsa being a subsidiary temple of Woljeonsa is located north of Woljeongsa Temple. A story is told that Sangwonsa was built by Buddhist monk Ja Jang who also built Tondonsa. Sangwonsa Dongjong (bronze bell: natural treasure No.36) is the oldest dongjong famous for its beautiful bell sound.