Yonghwasan Natural Recreation Forest
Yonghwasan (Mountain) National Recreational Forest is located in one hour and half drive distance from the capital region. It is only 30 minute drive away from Chuncheon and Hwacheon so visitors can admire famous scenic views of Chuncheon and Hwacheon and also enjoy local festivals and local food such as Dakgalbi, stir-fried chicken and Makguksu, cold buckwheat noodles. Yonghawsan (Mountain) is one of the top 100 mountains in Korea designated by the Korea Forest Service and its natural broadleaf forest and planted coniferous forest are growing well in harmony. So it is the best place for forest bathing. Abundant waters flow along bedrocks in the valley, so getting into the mountain can be one of the best get-away from hot summer. Moreover, diverse fauna and flora inhabit here so it can be good for natural experience activities. Hiking and rock-climbing can be also enjoyed in the mountain. Visitors can admire fantastic views of the surrounding lake and mountain while hiking.
|Lodging Facility||Lodging Complex A||3 cabins : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|Lodging Complex B||5 cabins : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|Lodging Complex C||5 cabins : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|Lodging Complex D||1 cabins : (28㎡) for 6 persons|
|1 cabins : (42㎡) for 7 persons|
|1 cabins : (53㎡) for 10 persons|
|Multipurpose Cabin||1 cabins : (37㎡) for 6 persons|
|1 cabins : (43㎡) for 7 persons|
|1 cabins : (50㎡) for 10 persons|
|Conference Room||1 (60~80 seats)|
|Amenity||Multipurpose Sports Facility||(Futsal, Basketball, foot volley ball, etc.) : 1|
|Camping Deck||30 decks|
|Outdoor Learning Ground||1|
|Artificial climbing wall||1|
|Hiking Trail||1 (3.4㎞)|
|Walking Path||1 (2.4㎞)|
|Parking Lot||3 lots (70 cars & 7 buses)|
- 294 Sayeogol-gil, Sabuk-myeon, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Yonghawsan Natural Recreation Forest – Ticket office
- Soyanggang Dam
- Soyanggang (river) Dam is the largest rock-fill dam in Korea. In summer water sports are very popular and ice-fishing is also famous in winter. It is an all-season tourist attraction.
- Gangchon Resort
- Gangchon Resort is very popular for school outing or member training activities. A lot of young people flock here throughout all seasons.
- Gangwon Provincial Hwamokwon
- This Hwamokwon has an exhibition hall, an arboretum and a forest museum, with view of supporting the development, conservation, dissemination of native local flower trees and related research activities.