Geombongsan Natural Recreation Forest
Geombongsan (Mountain) boasts a majestic mountain range that winds Jaeryang Waterfall 682m high and connects the neighboring mountains such as Seongjagol, Cheonbong, Sageumsan, Eungbongsan, and Yukbaeksan. The mountain ridge is adorned with varied flower species including royal azaleas, iris, polygala, and violets. The summit of Geombongsan offers views of the boundless sea to the east, the sharply rising Eungbongsan Mountain (998.5m) to the south, and the slightly higher Sageumsan Mountain (1,092m) to the west. The mountain is only 5-10 minutes drive away from Imwon Beach, which offers a fascinating destination for summer vacationers.
|Lodging Facility||Log Cabin||2 cabins : (42㎡) for 6 persons|
|10 cabins : (51㎡) for 8 persons|
|4 cabins : (60㎡) for 10 persons|
|Amenity||Grass Ground||1 (600㎡)|
|Auto Camping||30 lots|
|Walking Path||20-minute walk (500m)|
|Hiking Trail||4-hour hiking (6㎞)|
- 525-145 Imwonan-gil, Wondeuk-eup, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Geombongsan Natural Recreation Forest
- Jukseoru Pavilion is estimated to have been built around 1266 (in the seventh year of goryeo King Wonjong) in accordance with [Dongangeosa Collection] which tells that Lee Seonghyu, an intellectual in goryeo d y n a s t y created a poem on this pavilion.
- Maengbang Beach
- Maengbang Beach is the ideal place for kids and the elderly since they can enjoy swimming even in the fresh water which is where Maeup stream from Chodang cave meet the beach.
- Haesindang Park
- Haesindang Park is situated in Sinnam village in Wondeok-eup, Samcoek-si. In Donghae coastal region is the only village where the tradition of phallic worship has been handed down.