Chilbosan Natural Recreation Forest
Chilbosan (Mountain) Natural Recreation Forest, located in a pine forest, shows the great beauty of a Mountain and provides the great view of blue East Sea. The reason that it is called Chilbosan (Mountain), is because of a legend. In Goryeo age, some Chinese people came, and drank water from the Mountain, and said “the water is different from normal water, so there must be seven great treasures in this Mountain.” Therefore people of the village started looking for those treasures, and found rock clothes, deodeok(Korean Herb), ginseng, a milk vetch root, a boar, cooper and iron. Since then, they called the Mountain Chilbo(seven treasures). With a big pine forest, and a valley with clear water, it is also close to a beach, therefore many people can enjoy their summer vacations. Also people can see the sunrise in the forest, therefore it gets crowded in New Year’s Eve.
|Lodging Facility||Log cabin||2 lodgings : (16㎡) for 3 persons|
|3 lodgings : (33㎡) for 5 persons|
|2 lodgings : (43㎡) for 6 persons|
|1 lodgings : (49㎡) for 8 persons|
|1 lodgings : (66㎡) for 11 persons|
|Multipurpose Cabin||4 lodgings : (33㎡) for 5 persons|
|Logding Complex A||7 lodgings : (26㎡) for 4 persons|
|3 lodgings : (49㎡) for 8 persons|
|Logding Complex B||1 lodgings : (36㎡) for 5 persons|
|1 lodgings : (39㎡) for 6 persons|
|6 lodgings : (43㎡) for 6 persons|
|4 lodgings : (49㎡) for 8 persons|
|1 lodgings : (76㎡) for 13 persons|
|1 lodgings : (83㎡) for 15 persons|
|Amenity||Seminar Room||1 (for 50 persons)|
|Wood Handicraft Booth||1|
|Campground||3 (for 38 teams)|
|Shower booth||1 booths|
|Hiking trail||Chilbosan (Mountain) (4.3km)|
|Deungunsan (Mountain) (2.2km)|
|Walking trail||Chilbo trail (1.6km)|
- 587, Chilbosan-gil, Byunggok-myeon, Yeongduk-gun, Gyeongbuk
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Chilbosan Mountain Natural Recreation Forest ticket office
- Yugeumsa (Temple)
- The oldest temple in the town, and there is a three story stone pagoda, a main temple, hyangrojeon, and sansingak.
- Seongnyugul Cave
- It was formed 250 million years ago, and it is the Natural Monument No. 155.
- Yeongduk Wind Farm
- The first private wind farm for commercial purpose in Korea, it gives an exotic view along with a sunrise park nearby.