Tonggosan Natural Recreation Forest
Situated in the upper Bulyeongsa Valley, Tonggosan Recreation Forest, rarely visited by people in the past, still preserves much of its ancient beauty. Weathered white granite envelops the valley while a variety of waterfalls forms what looks like uniquely shaped water pots. Next to the valley is Bulyeongsa Temple built by Monk Uisang (during the reign of King Jindeok of the Silla Period). Visitors can enjoy beautiful fall foliage in the Tonggosan Recreation Forest, and there are a variety of nearby attractions from Bulyeongsa Valley, beaches on the East Coast, and Deokgu/Baekam Hot Springs. Fall foliage tends to peak between October 10th and October 20th. Visitors need to bring their own tents, utensils, toiletries, and other necessary items. The cafeteria in Tonggosan Recreation Forest is run between mid July and August.
|Lodging Facility||Log cabin||3 lodgings : (21㎡) for 4 persons|
|3 lodgings : (49㎡) for 3 persons|
|1 lodgings : (63㎡) for 10 persons|
|Logding Complex||6 lodgings : (36㎡) for 6 persons|
|4 lodgings : (49㎡) for 8 persons|
|Multipurpose Cabin||1 lodgings : (86㎡) for 20 persons|
|Amenity||Swimming pool||2 (120㎡)|
- 880 Bulyeongyegok-ro, Seo-myeon, Uljin-gun, Gyeongbuk
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Tonggosan Mountain Natural Recreation Forest Ticket office
- Geumgang Pine Habitat
- Geumgang Pine Habitat is beloved by many people because of its unique reddish color.
- Bulyoungsa (Temple)
- Since it is located in the longest and solemn valley of Korea, Bulyeong Valley, it gives the great scenery.
- Freshwater Fish Museum
- ‘Alive freshwater fish’ are exhibited, and facilities, such as an outdoor learning booth, are equipped.