Deogyusan Natural Recreation Forest
With the meaning of plenty of virtue, Deogyusan is much loved by visitors in each season—royal azalea in spring, Gucheondong Valley of Muju which is a byword for valleys in Korea in summer time, red and yellow leaves in autumn and snow on the branches in winter. Deogyusan (Mountain) Natural Recreation Forest is about 4 kilometers south of entrance of Gucheondong Valley of Muju. Especially during Firefly Festival from June to September, a flock of fireflies can be observed. Firefly, an environmental indicator insect, is designated as a natural monument. About 150 Norway spruces which were planted in 1931 are putting on airs of majesty around here as another specialty. Nearby famous tourist attractions are Gucheondong Valley of Muju, Anguksa Temple, and Chiryeon Falls.
|Lodging Facility||Log Cabin||15 cabins: (20-23㎡) for 4 persons|
|1 cabin: (53㎡) for 9 persons|
|1 cabin: (59㎡)for 11 persons|
|1 cabin: (70㎡)for 12 persons|
|Log Cabin||6 lodgings: (23㎡) for 4 persons|
|2 lodgings: (29㎡) for 5 persons|
|3 lodgings: (43-46㎡) for 8 persons|
|Multipurpose Cabin||2 lodgings: (110㎡) for 20 persons|
|1 Seminar Room: (265㎡) for 50 persons|
|Auto Camping||16 cabins: 10mx8m|
- Gucheondong-ro 530-62, Mupung-myeon, Muju-gun, Jeonbuk
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Deogyusan (Mountain) Natural Recreation Forest - Ticket office
- Muju Resort
- It is a representative mountain resort in Korea and a general recreation area for four seasons. The resort is also famous for its ski resorts.
- Gucheondong Valley of Muju
- Streams in front of Baengnyeonsa Temple flows along the valley. There are 33 popular beauty spots.
- Jeoksangsan Mountain and Anguksa Temple
- Jeoksangsan which means mountain of a red skirt is famous for autumn foliage. Jeoksangsanseong Fortress and Anguksa Temple where the True Record of the Joseon Dynasty is stored are also tourist attractions.