Hoemunsan Natural Recreation Forest
Hoemunsan (mountain) has a typical Korean mountainous shape. From Janggunbong (peak, 780m high) in the northwest and Hoemunbong (peak, 837m high) in the northern center, a mountain range outstretches to southwest creating fascinating view with various sizes and shapes of rocks. Along with the mountain range, Cheonmabong (peak) and Gitdaebong (peak) stand in a line to the southeast. Natively sprouted oak species such as mongolian oak, queritron, and oriental oak mostly occupy this mountain while flowers in spring and fall foliage in autumn boast their brilliant colors with maple, mountaincherry, royal azalea, azalea, sumac, rhus cotinus, and clematis. Hoemunsan is known from ancient times as a mystical mountain that an auspicious site called Five Immortals Playinb Baduk is in the mountain by attracting many people who study feng shui (geomancy).
|Lodging Facility||Log Cabin||2 cabins: (29㎡) for 5 persons|
|3 cabins: (43㎡) for 7 persons|
|3 cabins: (46㎡) for 8 persons|
|Lodging Complex||4 cabins: (33㎡)for 6 persons|
|4 cabins: (50㎡)for 9 persons|
|Amenity||Forest Experience Class (1 building 2 rooms)||Insect Specimen Display Room, Experience Class|
|Memorial Tower of 6·25 Massacre of the Innocent People|
|Hoemunsan History Museum Swinging Bridge||1|
- Ansim-gil 214, Gurim-myeon, Sunchang-gun, Jeonbuk
- Destination used for navigation devices
- Hoemunsan (Mountain) Natural Recreation Forest-Ticket office
- Gangcheonsan County Park
- The mountain has towering peaks all around and is called a little Sogeumgang in Honam region.
- Naejangsan National Park
- Naejangsan is a famous mountain in the Jeolla-do province, and the best mountain in Korea for viewing autumn’s crimson leaves. It is known as one of eight spectacular views in the Joseon Dynasty and one of five celebrated mountains in Honam region.
- Sunchang Gochujang Village
- Gochujang is the famous traditional sauce/garnish used in almost every dish in Korea. Visitors can taste the appetizing sauce in the village.